ALSA has twenty-five founding member schools that are among the very top law schools in Asia. Their representatives sit on the Board of Governors which meets annually. The School of Law of City University of Hong Kong (CityU), which led the initiative, continues to provide administrative and financial support for ALSA, including hosting its Secretariat at the CityU Law School.
Potential activities include biennial deans’ forums to discuss issues and challenges faced by Asian law schools; research workshops for junior scholars; seminars and conferences on legal education; and comparative law research projects.
For the current list of ALSA members, please click:
Board of Governors
- Prof. TAN Cheng Han (National University of Singapore)
- Prof. SHEN Weixing (Tsinghua University)
Members (in alphabetical order of member institutions)
- Prof. Masahiro YANO (Nagoya University)
- Prof. PENG Chengxin (Shanghai Jiao Tong University)
- Prof. LEE Pey Woan (Singapore Management University)
- Prof. Munin PONGSAPAN (Thammasat University)
- Prof. Nazura ABDUL MANAP (Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia)
- Prof. FU Hualing (University of Hong Kong)
- Prof. CHEN Chih-Hsiung Thomas (Yang Ming Chiao Tung University)
- Prof. Dong Jin PARK (Yonsei University)