ALSA and the Hong Kong Commercial and Maritime Law Centre (HKCML) will jointly hold a Conference entitled “Transplantation of Foreign Law and the Creation of Unique Legal Solutions in Asian Legal System” at City University of Hong Kong (travel restrictions permitting) and by Zoom on 13 Jan 2023. Proposals for papers to be presented at the Conference are now invited.
We invite papers with insights on:
• The transplantation of laws and institutions generally;
• Tensions between transplanted norms and local norms;
• Interesting adaptations of transplantations and associated transformations;
• Problems common to the global community, the legal solutions adopted and the value choices they reflect;
• Unique legal solutions to new problems generated by current developments, whether in technology, public health, economic development or international relations;
• Global legal norms and the stresses on the local legal system.
For details, please refer to: https://www.cityu.edu.hk/slw/ALSA/doc/ALSA%202023%20Conference%20-%20Call%20for%20Papers.pdf
Please indicate your interest to present your paper at the conference by submitting your personal information and an abstract of your intended paper to Ms Candice Wong at email@example.com no later than 1 October 2022 (Saturday).